24 April 2006

Dog Fight

I was getting out of the shower yesterday, in preparation for my shift at 7pm, and heard what I would only later realize the awesomicity of: my neighbor getting into a war of words with a chihuahua. That's right. I guess he was in the yard just below our bathroom window doing... Lord knows what when the foul beast (the chihuahua that lives across the alleyway) descended upon him. I will now attempt to recreate the exchange of words that occured, sensored of course - for our more innocent readers. Enjoy.

Chihuahua: Yip yip yip yip yip!
WT: Hey! Who the (heck) are you?
Chihuahua: Yip yip yip yip yip!
WT: This is my yard! You get out of here!
(WT then stomps his foot loudly on the sidewalk a few times. The Chihuahua, I can only assume, retreated to his usual haunt - a lawnchair on the back porch of his house.)
WT: That's right you little (bugger)! Come into my yard and bark at me!
(The Chihuahua, being the bigger man, did not return this verbal volley.)
WT: Did you see that? That little (fudger) came right up on my ankle! (I assume he was talking to one of his people inside the house at that point. I hope he was, anyway.)
WT: Yeah! Right up on my ankle!
WT: (Now addressing the Chihuahua again) Let's see you come back over here now, I've got a stick!
(The Chihuahua opted to not meet this challenge and instead looked quizzically from his lawn chair perch.)
WT: Yeah. That's what I thought!
-Curtain-

I must tell you, it was perhaps the most glorious battle I've ever borne witness to between a man and a dog the size of a large squirrel. One can only hope that the Great Dane who lives next door to the Chihuahua will some day visit out yard. I can only imagine there will be artillery involved. (Hopefully on the Great Dane's part.)

No comments: