21 July 2006

Unemployed No Longer

Yes, it's true. I am no longer unemployed. This week I accepted a part time position at the church. I'll be replacing Rachel T. as the church's assistant. I'll be responsible for the basic day to day running of the church. Mostly, though, my job is to make Mark's life a little easier, let him focus more on being a pastor. I was a little hesitant about applying for the job. I would hate for my relationship with Mark to be affected negatively. However, God made it clear to the both of us that this is what He wants. And I have to say, I'm excited. I'm nervous, but excited. Today was my first day and it went well. There's a lot to learn. Rachel is moving to OH in three weeks, so when Timmy and I get back from the shore, I'll be having some intense training. I am confident, however, that as with my other jobs, I will pick it up and do just fine.

Gotta go. Marti's here. Gonna watch RENT!

No comments: