30 July 2006

The "News" Strike Again

Once again proving a formidable foe to my life, I need to give a shout out to ever resident of New York & New Jersey. From a few minutes after we got onto I-95 in Maryland until the exit for the Delaware Memorial Bridge in Delaware we averaged a maximum speed of 25 miles per hour this afternoon. There were a couple of small areas of construction, though none were active or restricted traffic in any way. No accidents to speak of. No..... no real reason for traffic to be moving so slow except that apparently every resident of both New York & New Jersey were vacationing in the south and decided to drive home at the exact same time as us. Go figure. But yeah, once they were able to go back to their respective homes via the aforementioned Delaware Memorial Bridge, things cleared up and I was able to drive the actual speed limit again. Glorious. I'm done driving for a few months now. Or until tomorrow morning when I have to go to work. Whichever comes first.

No comments: