01 July 2006

Bizarre and Upsetting

Last night I had a wacky dream. I have lots of wacky dreams, but this one left me feeling very unsettled.

First of all, it was the end, as in "The End", the end times, that end. And we knew it. I was in this building that had stadium seatings. I walked up to the very top seat. It was like a pew that fit three people. Katrina and Rachel sat up there with me. The whole building was full and everyone was talking. Rachel, Katrina, and I were happy, even excited about what was getting ready to happen. We sat there and waited for what I somehow knew was "God's judgment." It almost felt like a thrill ride; it was super weird. The building had no roof and I looked up to the sky; it looked as if a storm were on its way.

And then it started. It was some sort of wave of energy or power or something. It shook us and it was scary and thrilling all at the same time. And it stopped after a minute or so. And we all smiled and looked at each other. Then the person next to me wasn't Katrina anymore; it was Kris. She told me we would know if were okay by the screen. There was this tiny little marker on the side of the pew beside me. It started at 100% and went down as this energy or power or whatever it was passed over us. In my dream I knew that that percentage went down depending on our faith and our walk with the Lord. Once you reached a certain percentage, you were no longer safe - ie, you would be condemned. The next wave came over us and I somehow knew that this wave related to how well we loved Jesus. When this wave went over us, the percentage started dropping quickly. It was frightening but then the wave stopped. We were still safe. I looked over at Rachel and said, "I guess we shouldn't have made fun of Jesus so much."

I don't remember any more waves, but I do believe they occurred. Either way, we were safe, since that percentage reflected everyone who sat in that particular pew. The next thing I remember is walking down to the floor of this building. Everyone was getting up and moving out of the building. Katrina was back and found her mother. Rachel went off to find Jon. I looked ahead and saw my mother and my stepfather. I don't remember their exact percentage but they weren't safe. And after walking around a bit, I saw Melody. From a distance she saw me and shook her head - she wasn't safe either. I woke up soon after that.

Isn't that bizarre? I have no clue where any of that came from. Nothing seems to compare accurately to what I actually believe. And Timmy was nowhere to be found, which is just odd. I don't know why I had that dream. I can usually tell if God is trying to tell me something through a dream. But I am at a loss with this one. Was it just to dream reminding me that my mother and my sister aren't safe? Was there something else that God was trying to show me? What's up with "I guess we shouldn't have made fun of Jesus so much"? Or maybe it just a weird dream?

No comments: