28 July 2006

The Lady Can Stay In The Water

We saw M. Night Shyamalan's latest offering "Lady in the Water" this afternoon. It didn't necessarily feel long and annoying or anything, but in the end it left me feeling like "Signs" did - "Seriously? That's it?"

Out of all of M.'s recent movies, "The Village" is still my favorite and probably the only one I'd consider watching again if I happened across it on TV or something. I think it was a clever concept and was well executed - even if I did figure out the plot twist before it was even "revealed".

Advanced Comment on this post from Luke: "I'm the only person I know who actually liked 'Unbreakable'."

(Post note: M. Night Shyamalan apparently also wrote the screenplay for "Stuart Little". That strikes me as both odd & funny.)

1 comment:

luke said...

I love that part at the end where Stuart Little finds out that he's a mouse, and the boy knew the whole time, but he didn't, and then you go back and realize "oh THAT explains it!"

I see rodent people.