09 May 2012

Day 9: Something You Do Everyday


I drink milk everyday. It's been almost a year. Usually it's part of my breakfast. But, on the odd day when I don't have milk with my breakfast, I will have it in the evening. Sometimes it's even twice a day. I don't know what's come over me; I just need some every day.

Last fall, Timmy and I went on our annual trip to Asheville, NC for the worship leaders retreat. It's a retreat center, so for three full days, I'm at the mercy of their cafeteria. Because breakfast is insanely early, Timmy and I never go. We just bring fruit and granola bars with us to hold us until lunch.

But, there is no milk available during lunch or dinner. I swore I started to twitch. I was craving milk so badly. I'd randomly say, "Mmmm, milk. I want milk." People just laughed at me. It was a long few days. I hadn't realized just how much milk I consumed and how much I needed it. As soon as I we got back home, I went straight to the kitchen and had a glass.

I have a few months until this year's retreat. Will I be able to go without milk for a few days? Will I have to come up with a alternative? Perhaps a cooler? A trip into town during break? Or will I give in and go to breakfast, just to grab a cold one?

2 comments:

Timoteo said...

You might as well go to breakfast, since you'll probably be up at 8am anyways. Weirdo. ;)

Melissa said...

That is a strong possibility :)