11 July 2007

Alrighty then...

For the last few weeks, I have been participating in The Truth Project, one of which is being lead at Blue Route by one of our members. Last night, we talked about science. It lead to a lesson on Darwinism and this was one the quotations mentioned:

“It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid, or insane (or wicked, but I’d rather not consider that).”

You can imagine our shock. Kris's reaction was priceless. If you know her, you can ask her about it. This is a topic that I have been thinking a lot about lately. Mostly because I watch The View and Joy Behar said she could never vote for someone who didn't believe in evolution. So, it's been on my mind and I was happy to have that be our topic last night. Just thought I'd share.



Reference: Dawkins, Richard (1989), “Book Review” (of Donald Johanson and Maitland Edey’s Blueprint), The New York Times, section 7, April 9.

No comments: