23 February 2007

Disappointing

When I was a lad, I got this plane that was attached to it's "remote control" by a 10 foot length of wire. Holding the switch down caused the propeller to spin, then the idea was to swing the plane around by the wire to simulate flight. It was cheap and it was disappointing. Remote controlled aircraft of any worth were probably at least a few hundred bucks.

Fast forward several years - I saw the add for this radio controlled helicopter on TV this morning. It was this little miniature thing that could be flown around the house and it looked pretty darn cool. For a few moments, I must admit, I thought about getting one to play with. Reading reviews, however, it turns out that the battery takes 20 minutes to charge and only lasts for 5 to 7 minutes of flight time. That's just not sufficient for a $39.99, to tell you the truth.

I guess I'll have to wait for technology to progress a little further.

No comments: